Monday, August 8, 2011

More Adoptions!

We had a couple adoptions this weekend. Kansas went to his new home. He's the boy that's been on hold for a family with 3 children. They've been here many times to visit and finally got to take him home. He has 3 kids that will dote on him big time. Remember Rumble, who went to Eric's house? Well, he was doing perfect with the litter box and has now gone to a family with no other cats. I've already heard from them once, and all is fine. The people who live in the apartment above Rumble's family thinks he's a pretty neat cat and wanted to adopt a cat of their own. So, after references were checked, I had Eric take Nabbat over to them (we got to pick a nice big cat for them!). I think both of these big boys will be very happy. Peverly the kitten is wonderful. She's a beautiful marble/white girl. She's already out and about and enjoying the company of the other kittens. Zelda is awesome--she's stealing my heart. She's a big time face rubber. Can't get enough attention. She's filling out nicely and her wounds are healing. Twinkle is figuring out all the soft cushy places to sleep in. We love watching her navigate around. She also is filling out and will have Dr. Cindy check her out on Saturday, as she seems to have some accelerated respiration that I'd like to have looked at. We had boxes this weekend to open. Gemini brought a box full of assorted things--Cheese mix treats for the volunteers, toys for the cats and 3 cases of Friskies. Deb 11111sent 2 cases of juice and some fruit snacks for the volunteers. Anna Marie sent some juice for the volunteers, and CatManDoo Bonito flakes and Clorox Wipes. Yay! The volunteers and I appreciate those "people things"! Also received from Bubba some Whiskas packets & baby food. Karla from CA sent a bed and pillowcases. Thanks everyone for your support. You are all great people with compassion. Racer has been working on multiple projects for the Rescue Center. FYI--if anyone wants to "talk" to me, or needs info on things, the best way to do this is to send me an e-mail. I can't always get on the chat, but I do keep up on the e-mails. Today is the last day to vote for JJ, on The Animal Rescue Site--he's the "I'm too sexy for my fur" cat! Results of this contest will be in on Weds.




Marja
Marja

No comments:

Post a Comment